Login | Register
My pages Projects Community openCollabNet

Discussions > issues > [WebSVN issue] [Issue 347] New - Error when repo name containts parentheses

websvn
Discussion topic

Back to topic list

[WebSVN issue] [Issue 347] New - Error when repo name containts parentheses

Reply

Author dmlilienthal
Full name David Lilienthal
Date 2014-06-10 14:36:47 PDT
Message http://websvn.tigris​.org/issues/show_bug​.cgi?id=347
                 Issue #|347
                 Summary|Error when repo name containts parentheses
               Component|websvn
                 Version|2.3.3
                Platform|All
              OS/Version|All
                     URL|
                  Status|NEW
       Status whiteboard|
                Keywords|
              Resolution|
              Issue type|DEFECT
                Priority|P3
            Subcomponent|Subversion
             Assigned to|issues@websvn
             Reported by|dmlilienthal






------- Additional comments from dmlilienthal at tigris dot org Tue Jun 10 14:36:46 -0700 2014 -------
If a repository name contains parentheses, Subversion doesn't like it when the
"(" and ")" characters are converted to "%28" and "%29" respectively by WebSVN.
 This results in an error message such as "XXX%28...%29 isn't in the same
repository as XXX(...)".

Possible Solution:
I found a line labeled "quick hack" in the encodePath() function in svnlook.php
that fixes a similar issue with the colon character (":") being converted to
"%3A". So I simply added the following lines to make things work:

    $uri = str_replace('%28', '(', $uri);
    $uri = str_replace('%29', ')', $uri);

« Previous message in topic | 1 of 2 | Next message in topic »

Messages

Show all messages in topic

[WebSVN issue] [Issue 347] New - Error when repo name containts parentheses dmlilienthal David Lilienthal 2014-06-10 14:36:47 PDT
     [WebSVN issue] [Issue 347] Error when repo name contains parentheses dmlilienthal David Lilienthal 2014-06-10 14:40:01 PDT
Messages per page: